We are not accepting applications at this time.
In the past, the application has consisted of basic information, written essays, a project-based component, and interviews with the SpaceOne Futures team. Candidates have been selected based on a combination of outstanding personal qualities, passion for a specific field or issue, and concrete proposals for what they would do to effect change at scale. The SpaceOne Futures team has reviewed all applications, and then made a determination of which talent program would be the best fit for each person.
We look for exceptional candidates with diverse backgrounds that span every continent, demographic, field or academic discipline, area of interest, and philosophy of impact. The most important criteria in our selection has been whether this person has the capability to build something that could change the world at scale. As evidence of this capability, we look for the following qualities during our selection:
- Unique insight into how to advance a particular field, discipline, or sector
- Curiosity about the world
- Persistence and stubbornness in the face of challenges
- Deep expertise in at least one issue or problem
- Exceptional charisma and capacity to build exceptional networks and coalitions
- Passion and energy for new ideas
- Analytical and deeply thoughtful about metrics, both at the project and individual metric level
- Outstanding courage and a sense of urgency to act in the world
During the selection process, applicants are required to provide:
- Basic information
- Academic experience
- Three short answer essays
- A project proposal for a new idea or effort for public benefit